Our purpose is to bring glory to God through our worship of Him, by equipping the saints for the work of ministry, building up the body of Christ in love, and evangelizing our world.
To make fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ
As we recognize our purpose and fulfill our mission, by the year 2020,
- A church committed to honoring the name of Christ and bringing glory to God through transformed lives.
- A church where every believer is devoted to growing more like Jesus Christ, and living out a consistent Christian lifestyle in an ever changing world.
- A church that embraces worshippers of every age and culture.
- A church irresistibly drawn to worshipping the triune God who knows us and has revealed Himself to us in the Scriptures.
- A church fully devoted to the Lord in daily prayer and study of the Scriptures.
- A church known for dynamic fellowship overflowing with love and care for one another.
- A church that is intentionally equipping believers for ministry.
- A church in which every believer exercises their gifts and serves the Lord sacrificially.
- A church whose passion is to reach out to the lost with the Good News of Jesus, recognizing our unique role as God’s ambassadors to the community in the Indian Valley and to the ends of the earth.
- A church that is used by the Lord to equip one another to be sent out – we will be a church planting church.
OUR CORE VALUES
WORD – Teaching & Preaching; Scripture/Bible Knowledge
The Holy Scriptures are the inspired, infallible Word of God; the supreme and final authority of our faith and conduct. Therefore, the Word of God will be a foundational element to all of our ministry endeavors, and we will seek to be obedient to the Word of God both in our relationships with fellow believers and those outside the church. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
Worship is giving God the praise, adoration, glory, reverence, and honor He alone is worthy to receive. God’s people are to live a life of worship that recognizes who God is and what He has done. Therefore, we will gather regularly for corporate worship, and encourage God’s people to worship Him as a family and individuals. (John 4:23-24; Romans 12:1-2)
We believe prayer is essential to a vital relationship with God. Prayer demonstrates our dependence upon God and not ourselves and is also a primary way we minister in love to each other. Therefore, we will incorporate prayer into each ministry of the church. (Phil. 4:6-7; Col. 4:2)
FELLOWSHIP – Community & Encouragement
The world will know that we are His disciples by how we love one another. Therefore we will encourage each attender to be involved in a small group or ministry that will enable them to share in the encouraging and strengthening of the body, actively promoting fellowship among our people. (John 13:34-35)
MISSIONS – Evangelism
Jesus’ commission to the church was to go and make disciples of all nations. Therefore, we will ensure the Gospel is clearly taught and we will equip each believer to share the Gospel. We will also actively dedicate our time, talents and treasures to extend the work of the Gospel. (Matt. 28:18-20)
Christ, as the Head of the church, gives leaders to oversee His church. These “Under-Shepherds” care for, protect and guide His people. Therefore, the church leadership will lead in a way that stretches our body to grow in a manner worthy of our calling and equips men for biblical leadership in the church. We as the body will pray for, submit to, and encourage the leadership in their service. (Eph. 4:12; 2 Tim. 2:2)
As we continue to strive toward that mission and vision, we are excited to see where the Lord is leading us. On Sunday, September 9, Pastor Andy gave an update from the elders on our plan moving forward toward accomplishing this purpose, mission and vision. Click on the picture below to view the presentation. You can also download a copy of the handout that accompanied this presentation –